Public Service Announcements (PSA)
Any local Non-Profit agency is welcome to record a 30 second public service announcement (PSA) to be broadcasted on Sun FM.
Examples of public service announcements are;
Friends of the Library book sale.
Student project inviting citizens to donate blood to the Red Cross.
Upcoming benefit concert.
Sun FM offers open recording times for PSAs. No appointment necessary.
Tues 11 – Noon
Thurs 3 – 4PM
Bring 2 copies of a double spaced :30 second script and an instrumental musical CD for the background.
PSA submissions should be for events that are 7 days or more in the future. Last minute submission may not get air play.
- A. Announcements containing price information are not permissible. This would include any announcement of interest rate information or other indication of savings or value associated with the product. An example of such an announcement is:
- – “7.7% interest rate available now.”
- –”$5 at the door”
- –”Admission is Free”
- B. Announcements containing a call to action are not permissible. Examples of such announcements are:
- – “Stop by our showroom to see a model”;
- – “Try product X next time you buy oil.”
- C. Announcements containing an inducement to buy, sell, rent, or lease are not permissible. Examples of such announcements are:
- – “Six months’ free service”;
- – “A bonus available this week”;
- – “Special gift for the first 50 visitors.”
Please note that Sonoma Valley agencies take precedence, and KSVY retains the right to not air any recording that does not meet the above requirements.
For questions, please contact Sun FM at 933-0808 or firstname.lastname@example.org